Our non-profit school provides quality dance instruction for all ages. We believe that classical ballet technique provides a strong foundation for all other dance forms. We aspire to help recreational dancers, young and old, gain self-confidence through the physical and mental accomplishments obtained through dance instruction and training. The professional background of the instructors in our school provide a more serious dance student with knowledge and training necessary to prepare for a future career in dance.
We offer classes in ballet, tap, jazz, latin jazz, hip hop, modern, lyrical, musical theatre and zumba. Our complete class schedule can be found under the Classes tab.
The Twin Cities School of Dance Difference
- Twin Cities School of Dance is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the performing arts and governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
- Most classes at TCSD are taught by teachers who have worked as professional dancers and/or have earned a university degree in dance.
- TCSD is home to the Twin Cities Ballet student company and the annual Nutcracker Ballet at Braden Auditorium. December 2016 marked their 35th annual production.
- Dancers from the Twin Cities Ballet have been invited to perform live in-concert with the Illinois Symphony Orchestra.
- As a nonprofit group, TCSD receives grants that enable us to do community outreach, such as providing free Nutcracker performances and dance workshops for local children attending Title I schools.
- TCSD dancers have a strong track record for acceptance into college dance programs. Students have also been accepted into summer dance intensives at places such as: American Ballet Theatre, Ballet Magnificat, Carolina Ballet, Cincinnati Ballet, Indiana University Jacobs School of Music, Joffrey Midwest, Kirov Academy of Ballet, Orlando Ballet, and University of North Carolina School of the Arts.