What is the Parent Guild?
Twin Cities School of Dance is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, run by a board of directors, which means we depend largely on volunteer help. In fact, the teachers and front desk staff are the school's only paid employees! The Parent Guild functions much like a school PTO, assisting in fundraising, school support, and event planning, among other projects.
Here are just a few things the Parent Guild is responsible for:
- Apparel and DVD sales
- Community Outreach programs, such as Bloomington Public Library
- Restaurant nights and nother fundraisers
- Barnes & Noble book fair
- Studio support (i.e. contributing toward renovation costs)
- ISU Homecoming Parade
- The Nutcracker program ad sales
- Assistance with Spring Gala
- Farmers' Market bake sale
- Staff and student support (i.e, providing Summer Intensive lunches)
All parents of TCSD dancers are encouraged to join the Parent Guild! There are no dues and meetings are held several times throughout the school year (young children are welcome). We hope to see you there!
Keep in touch and find out more about all of the Parent Guild Activities by following our Blog! https://tcsdparentguild.wordpress.com/