What can volunteers help with?
Twin Cities School of Dance is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, run by a board of directors, which means we depend largely on volunteer help. In fact, the teachers and front desk staff are the school's only paid employees! The Fundraising Committee functions much like a school PTO, assisting in fundraising, school support, and event planning, among other projects.
Here are just a few things volunteers can be responsible for:
- Apparel and DVD sales
- Community Outreach programs, such as Bloomington Public Library
- Restaurant nights and other fundraisers
- Studio support (i.e. contributing toward renovation costs)
- ISU Homecoming Parade
- The Nutcracker program ad sales
- Assistance with Spring Gala
- Farmers' Market bake sale
- Staff and student support
All parents of TCSD dancers are encouraged to volunteer!
Keep in touch and find out more about all of the Fundraising Opportunities!